If you want to do something good for your skin – and enjoy some restful moments while doing it I suggest you try embracing the steam room! It’s a great way to open your pores and get your skin glowing and feeling smooth.
A shower does a great job of rinsing off the skin’s surface, but steaming is the only way to deep-clean your pores. The heat causes you to sweat so pores can flush out dead skin cells and other impurities. Steaming also increases your blood circulation and may enhance collagen production which improves skin’s strength and elasticity.
Here’s the best way to use a steam room:
– Wash your face before so makeup and other residue on your skin can’t clog pores.
– Tie back your hair to prevent its oils from clogging pores.
– Dress properly since tight clothes may irritate and cause breakouts. A loose towel maximizes steam and it also protects your body from microbes that love growing in damp, dark places. For the same reason, always wear sandals!
– Drink water or the heat may cause dehydration.
– Use an oil-free moisturiser after the steam room to lock in moisture.
– Steam regularly. If you can’t make it to the steam room two to three times a week for 15 minutes, drape a towel over your head and stand over a pot of boiling water.