Inspired by the modern day woman, Redken Global Styling Director Guido created a polished, modern ponytail for Diesel’s Spring/Summer 2015 show. Guido achieved this classic ready-to-wear style using Redken’s Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to blow the hair out straight, and then comb it back into a smooth low ponytail with a deep side part. To add a futuristic feeling, he finished the look with a liberal misting of Redken Forceful 23 super strength hairspray to create a lacquer-like effect.
“My job as a hairdresser is to update the ponytail to make it more relevant for today’s woman. This ponytail that I created for Diesel is very groomed and classic, but slightly futuristic. The two distinct textures – shiny and matte – and the deep side part make it a very depersonalized, exact look. I used Satinwear 02 to blowdry the hair super straight, and then created a deep side part before brushing the hair back into a low ponytail. To create the lacquered effect, I liberally sprayed Forceful 23 on the top of the hair, making it feel a bit more minimal and modern.”
Get The Look:
- Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 RRP$36 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair and comb through.
- Using a fine-tooth comb, create a deep side part.
- Blowdry hair straight using a boar bristle brush.
- Brush hair back into a low ponytail, using a boar bristle brush to smooth out any bumps.
- Secure ponytail at the base of the head using a small black elastic.
- Flatiron the length of the ponytail until it is straight and smooth.
- Finish with a generous mist of Redken Forceful 23 RRP$36 super strength hairspray all over the top of the head to create a shiny, sleek look.