For the Just Cavalli Autumn/Winter 2014-15 pre-collection, Roberto Cavalli was inspired by a fascinating journey to the East, from the mysterious Persian lands to the incredible Turkish landscapes. Kilim rugs, medal embellishments, fringes and woven accents have become the distinctive elements for both daywear and eveningwear pieces.
Classic shapes, geometric details and intense colors are mixed with arabesque motifs and animal-prints, to create a glamorous and contemporary look.
The Just Cavalli Women’s pre-collection presents a feminine soul, but with a rock ’n’ roll and androgynous edge thanks to a series of iconic items such as the classic biker leather jacket, the Montgomery coat and the striped tops infused with Oriental-inspired elements.
The Hair Look
The hair looks for the show were created by Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil Artistic Director, using only Moroccanoil Treatment as a styling base and new Moroccanoil Root Boost and Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse for texture. “I was inspired by the energy of the clothing and the essence of Just Cavalli’s design vision,” said Antonio. “As a result, I created free spirited and sexy looks, softened by a messy beach wave, all with a raw, disheveled mood to it.”
• “I first applied Moroccanoil Treatment throughout the hair as foundation, concentrating mid-length to ends.”
• “I then sprayed Moroccanoil Root Boost on the roots to saturate the hair and help create an edgy texture and applied Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse as needed to build body.”
• “Blow-drying the hair using my hands, I shaped the direction of the hair with my fingers, creating volume on the sides and back. To counteract any possibly volume on top of the head, I blow dried the hair at the crown downwards to flatten any height.”
• “Using a medium size curling iron I took 1-inch sections and curled vertically, starting at the left and moving around to the right.”
• As final touch, I brushed the hair and used my hands to create texture, shape and movement.”