The old adage “it’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it” was evident at Paris Fashion Week: on the Vanessa Bruno S/S 14 runway hair was worn with a sense of nonchalance. Proving that ‘je ne sais quoi’ really does exist, the girls at Vanessa Bruno rocked an Urban Surfer look, with plenty of attitude.
The hair look, created by Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Wella Professionals, tapped in to this version of French cool. “I wanted to create a look where texture played a leading part, where the imperfections of nature are celebrated rather than disguised” said Eugene.
The resulting hair look, had a graphic quality to the front where hair was blow dried straight and tucked behind the ears, but had a deliberately raw, broken up feel to the back. A very low ponytail, so low you almost missed it on first glance, was the final touch to this perfectly imperfect hair look.
Get The Look:
· Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition
· Blow dry the hair, using Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion to create a smooth finish
· Part the hair in the centre
· Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray on to the surface of the hair, this helps to create texture and highlight the ‘imperfections’
· Spray a little Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray on to the roots of the hair on the top of the head only – this will create a contrasting texture to the dry spritzed hair
· The trick to this hairstyle is to only use your fingers to style the hair – not a comb or brush – this gives a looser texture to the hair and creates more natural movement
· Next, spray a little more Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray in to the length of the hair and then twist hair on itself, holding tight at the end, and then blow drying from underneath in an upwards direction
· Let the hair cool, then release the twist
· Fasten the hair in to a low ponytail, and then finally pull a few hairs loose for a more ‘lived in’ look