The hair look at the A/W ’13 DKNY show was youthful yet sophisticated. “For this collection, Donna revisited some of her classic looks, resulting in a modern capsule collection that revolved around her iconic pieces. This got me thinking about the classic DKNY woman, and I wanted to create a hair look that embodied her spirit,” said Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Care and Styling, Wella Professionals.
The hair look provided a sense of uniformity to the show with a generic look that was subtly tweaked to suit each girl. This incredibly simple aesthetic had to be perfectly executed to keep it looking rich and polished. Eugene and the team created the perfect blow-dry, which was then straightened for a polished finish. The final touch was to pull the hair back behind the ears for a premium, graphic quality.
• If hair is feeling dry at the ends, prep hair with Wella SP Hydrate Finish (RRP $34) to add some moisture.
• Spray Wella Professionals Thermal Image Protecting Spray (RRP $27) through the hair to provide styling hold and heat protection.
• Create a centre parting, then section the hair and blow-dry in sections using a round brush pulling the hair slightly upwards to create a little volume at the roots.
• Next, use straightening irons through the hair to create a smooth, polished look.
• Finally, take the front sections of hair and using a fine-toothed comb, pull back behind the ears.
• For extra hold, spray front sections of hair with Wella Professionals Stay Styled Finishing Spray (RRP $27).