Redken Global Styling Director Guido created a big, beautiful heads of curls for the Fall 2013 Marc by Marc Jacobs show that was held for the first time at Lincoln Center this season. The fun, playful look held its own next to the bold prints and bright gem tones in the collection.
“The inspiration for this look was a 1940’s-era woman, an uptown girl, but then we made it more fun, and thus more Marc by Marc. We didn’t want it to feel symmetrical or too perfect, the backbrushing gives a teased effect, a little crazy.”
1. Apply guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam RRP$38 from roots to ends to create volume and a base for styling and blow-dry hair.
2. When dry, make a deep side part and then pin curl hair in small sections, alternating with a 1-inch curling iron and 1 1/4 inch iron, pinning each curl to the the head with setting pins.
3. When finished curling the whole head, leave to set and when then when hair has cooled unpin each curl.
4. When finished unpinning each curl, run fingers lightly through curls and then gently brush out with a boar bristle brush for more volume.
5. Backbrush the top front section and then sweep the section across the forehead and secure in place with a bobby pin.
6. Finish by spraying the entire style with fashion work 1 2 versatile working spray RRP$36 to smooth the surface and hold the style.