This season’s Cushnie Et Ochs Autumn/ Winter 2013 collection takes a dark look at America’s first settlers, from Salem witchcraft to its colonial landscapes. “Through this iconic imagery, we explore the stoic silhouettes and spiritual sensuality of this time.”
Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil Artistic Director, created sensual, sophisticated, and luxurious looks for the Cushnie Et Ochs Autumn/ Winter collection.
The beautiful structured looks were volumized close to the root for shape, featured squared height at the crown, with hair kept close to the head and sleek and straight on the sides and in the back. The accent was on elegant, smooth, sleek shine and was created using Moroccanoil products.
The styles were flowing yet geometric, feminine yet strong, and strongly influenced by the darker, more mysterious iconic imagery of the colonial period.
• “First, I prepared the hair with Moroccanoil Treatment to improve condition and added Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to improve manageability during the styling process.”
• “I then gave a light spray of new Moroccanoil Heat Protection (available only in the U.S) to protect strands from the intensity of the hairdryer and flat iron and to provide a healthy-looking hold.”
• “Next, I used Moroccanoil Volumising Mousse (available only in the U.S) and applied from the ends up, starting at the back, to the top of head, and throughout the sides.”
• “The hair was then blow-dried using a Moroccanoil XLPRO Paddle Brush, with bristles swept up into the hair at the crown to raise them for added volume.”
• “I applied new Moroccanoil Styling Gel (available only in the U.S in late spring, 2013) to my comb and applied to the roots in horizontal sections starting mid-head, sides, and crown to allow me to create shaped height. I used a Moroccanoil Paddle Brush to lift strands, directed the flow of the blow dryer to the root upwards, and then brushed hair back down for smooth volume.”
• “Starting mid-head in the back then to the sides, I flat-ironed the hair straight, sleek and close to the head to contrast the height on top.”
• “To finish, I gently backcombed hair at the crown to create a structured, volumised, squared shape. To unify the look and create a rich, natural, consistent shine throughout the hair, I held the style in place with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.”