The Just Cavalli Spring/Summer 2013 collection was inspired by the life, colours and richness of the sea, mixed with the atmosphere and light of the coastline and the evocative power of the beautiful shores of the Mediterranean. Hairstylist James Pecis for Moroccanoil was given the task of creating a hair look that matched this beautiful collection, we found out how he did it.
“I wanted to create a look that fully reflects the theme of this collection”, declared James Pecis for Moroccanoil.
Soft and natural at the top, the hair curved away from the face and flowed down the back in a style that had a wet look to it, as though she had just emerged from the sea, creating an incredibly feminine and seductive effect.
- “Before beginning the styling process I applied Moroccanoil Treatment Light to all of the hair. It is the perfect foundation for styling hair; it is absorbed immediately, instantly transforming the hair making it softer and fuller with a healthy appearance and natural shine.”
- “I then sprayed a generous quantity of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and then dried it carefully using a Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Round Brush. This is a very important step because it gives structure and substance to the hair without making it heavy, thus it remains soft and free to move.
- “To add a further touch of femininity to the look, I applied some extensions to the back, slightly above the base of the head, adapting them to the hair length.
- “Then, I re-sprayed with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and unified the hair using a Moroccanoil Professional Series Hair Dryer and a Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Round Brush. At this point, I used a curling iron to curl locks of hair, creating soft, loose and natural waves. “
- “To create the illusion of a wet look, I sprayed the ends of the hair with water and treated individual locks with Moroccanoil Treatment Lightto give dimension and shine.”
- “After that, I twisted individual sections into loose circular shapes aimed in various directions and secured at the back. I wanted to use this simple approach to add a further natural touch and sense of movement to the look without making it appear heavy.”
- “Once the twisted sections were unpinned, the hair looked incredibly sexy and natural.”
Photos care of Fillipo Mutani for Moroccanoil