Women have long endured the pain of hot wax to leave bikini lines smooth and keep stray hairs at bay. Now, men are getting in on the bathing suit beauty regimens with ‘brozillian’ waxing. So if you’re brave enough to give it a go but don’t know what to expect, here is a step-by-step guide for waxing beneath the boxers.
How Should You Prepare?
– This should really be a given but please make sure you go clean and freshly showered.
– Your hair should be at least 0.25 inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). Avoid shaving for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough! Also, if you’ve ‘let it go’ down there and it seems out of control, don’t worry as your therapist will trim any longer hairs to the proper length prior to the removal process.
– If possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-wax phase.
– Relax; the more relaxed you are the more relaxed your muscles will be resulting in better hair removal and a whole lot less pain.
What Should You Expect?
– You will be asked to remove your underwear in the treatment room. By removing your underwear you protect your clothing and provide your therapist with much easier access so she can get all of the unwanted hair! Men are also given the option of a disposable thong to wear during the treatment.
– Next your therapist will cleanse the area to get rid of any dirt and bacteria that may be left on the skin.
– Your therapist will then examine the hair length, and trim accordingly. She will also ask you about what areas you want waxed and how much of it you want taken off. A ‘Brozillian’ generally means saying goodbye to everything but the choice is yours.
– Now for the fun part, getting rid of the hair, which is generally done with hot wax. All else I can say is relax, it’s never as bad as you think it might be.
Post-Care – the first 24 hours only
– No hot baths however showers are fine.
– No tanning beds, saunas, steam rooms or physical activity that will cause you to sweat.
– Sexual activity should be avoided as friction on the skin can cause it to become inflamed.
– Avoid touching your freshly waxed skin as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
Why Get a Brozillian
– Men who already shave are now opting to avoid the itchy ‘five o’clock shadow’ and go for a longer-lasting, smoother solution.
– Swimmers and body-builders tend to get all of their body hair removed, especially before competition.
– Personal preference, some guys hate body hair as much as some women!
– Oh and did I mention the lack of hair makes objects appear larger than they really are!?
So if your in the market for a ‘brozillian’ be sure to make an appointment with the team that coined the phrase at OFF Wax and Brow Bar. OFF offer a full range of male wax treatments and they know it can be a bit intimidating for you blokes so be reassured that all their therapists will handle you with care and discretion, and it’s never as bad as you think.