– Divide hair into manageable sections and clip the upper layers on top of your head and out of the way. Work with underneath layers first.
– Test straightener on a small section of hair, then adjust the temperature up or down before styling the rest of your hair.
– Take a small section of hair and pull hair down and away from your scalp, and hold it taut.
– Starting at the roots, clamp hair firmly between the plates and run the styler down the entire hair strand, from root to tip, in one smooth stroke. Do not hold it in one area for a long period of time or damage to hair may occur.
– Repeat with all sections of your hair, working with the underneath layers first, then the top and sides.
Top Tip: When using heat stylers it is really important to use a heat protecting product like the Clairol Professional Smoothation Sleek Heat Protection Lotion which protects haircuticles from heat damage and helps fight frizz caused by heat. This added protection leaves hair looking smooth and sleek, with a healthy shine. It’s especially great for those with fine hair, which can be damaged easily. An absolute essential for fans of flat irons or curling tongs.
Straightener Love: Remington Frizz Therapy Straightener
Using premium ceramic plates infused with frizz resistant micro conditioners, this unique hair straightener is proven to keep hair silky smooth and straight all day long. With the included SMART sensor technology, the Remington Frizz Therapy Straightener also protects hair from heat damage, as the sensor detects moisture in hair and automatically adjusts the temperature to suit. This new straightener heats up to 230°C in just 15 seconds, and features an automatic worldwide voltage adaption so is ideal for travel.
Remington Frizz Therapy Straightener RRP $189.99