Redken Creative Consultant Guido, always looking to put a new spin on the ponytail, created a futuristic, modern interpretation of one at the Alexander Wang Spring 2013 show. The style was sleek and robotic in front, but the back was all natural, disheveled texture with a bit of a wave.
Guido’s inspiration behind the look:
“I’m always challenging myself to update classics, and the look at Alexander Wang today is a ponytail with a different point of view. Alex wanted a small head this season, so this started as a low pony kept close to the head. But I then added a strip of tape down the centre part which makes the style really become more than a simply pony. The severity of the tape almost makes you look twice – which makes sense with the collection.” – Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Get The Look:
1. On damp hair, create a centre part that’s clean but not perfectly straight.
2. Apply Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion and blow dry hair, leaving natural texture in the bottom two thirds.
3. Create a low pony at the nape of the neck keeping the hair tight to the head.
4. Using a curling iron, create a slight bend to the hair in the pony.
5. Adhere tape to the centre part, running about an inch down the centre of the forehead.
6. Mist Redken Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray all over finished style to keep the front sleek and add texture and flexible hold in the back.