Redken Creative Consultant Guido kicked off the Fall/Winter 2012 season in New York for Rag + Bone with a modern look that was almost two hairstyles in one. A sleek, slicked back front and exposed forehead gave way to a natural, girly textured look in the back.
Inspiration behind the look:
“The identity of the Rag + Bone girl is clearer than ever, and this tomboy style is more defined than looks in past seasons. This masculine-yet-feminine style is a little beachy, calling to 90’s minimalism. Having the forehead exposed makes for a dramatic look and adds structure as a way to update a textured, wavy look.” – Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Get the Look:
- Apply Guts 10 root targeted volume spray to damp hair from roots to ends.
- Rough dry hair with fingers for a textured finish using a hairdryer, raking hair back from the forehead as you dry.
- Using a curling iron, create waves on the lower two-thirds of the hair.
- Apply a generous amount of Hardwear 16 super strong gel to the front 2-3 inches of hair, slicking back with fingers, leaving the forehead exposed.
- Spray top third of style with Forceful 23 super-strength finishing spray, concentrating on the crown, and use the blow-dryer once again on the front 2-3 inches of hair to really set the style.