1) Always shower right after a workout. I mean, right after. You do not want to leave all that sweat sitting on your skin. First off it’s disgusting, but most importantly it is going to clog your pores and cause breakouts.
2) Try using body wipes, they’ll help lift off the dead skin cells and left-over debris that might be hanging out on your skin after you shower. I am a big fan of the Dermalogica Skin Purifying Wipes RRP $42.00 as they contain salicylic acid which stimulates natural exfoliation, helping to clear impacted follicles and minimise acne formation.
3) Be sure to wash your back after you condition your hair, that way any leftover suds will be washed away and not left to clog your pores.
4) For those of you with a Clarisonic Brush, or another brand of sonic cleansing brush, be sure to go town on your problem areas every day. This is the only thing that has never gotten rid of my spots completely.
5) Lastly try switching to a body wash that contains salicylic acid. I like the Murad Acne Body Wash RRP $84.00, as it’s specially developed to treat body breakouts such as those on your back, shoulders and chest while also reducing redness and irritation. However, it is on the pricey side for a body wash so I tend to only use it on my back and then I use a cheaper supermarket body wash for the rest of my body.