ghd was proud to work with the much-loved New Zealand brands, RUBY & Liam for New Zealand Fashion Week 2012.
The global hair styling superbrand brought together a team of highly skilled stylists, led by ghd Guest Artist Michael Beel of Buoy in Wellington, to create two dynamic and on-trend looks.
For autumn/winter 2013 RUBY flirts with the idea of polished grunge in their new range titled ‘Mr Destiny.’ Michael Beel created a casual and effortless hair-down look that epitomised the RUBY girl.
The Liam range has an understated and elegant feel for autumn/winter 2013, with a focus on clothing with a purpose; at home, at work and entertaining. It functions and transitions easily between the three. Michael says of the Liam look, ‘We created an up-do that looked as though the girls had done it themselves. It exuded classic beauty.’
GET THE LOOK: RUBY
1. Spray ghd Root Lift Spray and ghd Curl Hold Spray throughout the hair. Use a ghd Ceramic Vented Radial Brush and ghd Air to dry in the product, creating a natural root lift and a slightly off centre parting.
2. Using the ghd Gold Max Styler, take sections approximately 2-3 inches wide and lightly texture set the hair; do a half turn under directed wave.
3. Pin up and work around whole head making sure movement moves away from face.
4. Allow to cool.
5. Take out and gently brush using ghd Dressing Brush.
6. Apply ghd Final Shine Spray to the ends only and piece out slightly.
GET THE LOOK: LIAM
1. Spray ghd Root Lift Spray at the roots and apply ghd Total Volume Foam to the ends. Blow dry in the product using the ghd Air and a ghd Ceramic Vented Radial Brush, creating lightness and air in the hair.
2. Spray ghd Curl Hold Spray through the hair and use the ghd Gold Classic Styler to do a classic tube curl set, lightly texture setting the roots. Pin up and allow to cool.
3. Take out pins and brush out using the ghd Dressing Brush.
4. Take a low side parting on the right hand side and brush hair back behind the ears, keeping the hairline smooth and clean.
5 . Secure the hair low at the nape using bobby pins and twist into a low French Roll shape.
6. Secure and allow flyaways.
7. Lightly spray the hair with ghd Final Fix Hairspray and ghd Final Shine Spray.